Sunday, June 10, 2007

2 days left!! YIKES!!!!


Yikes is right! We have two more wakeups left and I am running out of time. I've gotten a few emails asking where is today's countdown, but I am soooooooooooooo crazy busy today that I haven't had a chance. So, for now, here is the "Count" saying....."NUUUUMMMBER TWWWOOO". I will try and post later tonight.

PS. I had my first dream with Anna Grace last night!!! Ooohhh....I am so in love!

UPDATE ON TODAY: Ok...so, now I sit here answering email and proscratinating. Do you remember me saying I would be twiddling my thumbs with nothing to do but think about Anna Grace on Sunday night? WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!! I have so much to do. I don't understand how things have piled up. Well, not true. I do understand. It's because I've looked at the list and read it 100x and keep finding other things to do but what's on there.

We got up early today and went to church. WOW!!! What a spirit filled mass. Half-way thru mass I felt this huge shower of peace come upon me. My sister asked me last night if I was nervous? You know, I said, "No...not nervous, maybe a little excited." But the question has resonated in my mind all day, and come to think of it....yes, a bit of excited nervousness is flowing thru my veins. Today for the first time I thought about the fact (I mean REALLY thought) that we will have THREE babies at home. I thought about how miraculous it is that the little girl I had seen in a picture on a waiting child list back in September will be our daughter.....forever!!! That blows me away! How am I so worthy of this blessing? I remember distintcly sitting next to Scott as he was playing a game on his computer when I first came across Anna Grace's picture. At that time, she was listed as "Qin" on the waiting child list. I said..."Oh my God, Scott. Look at this little girl. Isn't she adorable?" He turned to my laptop, looked at the picture and said, "Yes....very cute!" I don't think he thought for one second that I would be thinking that was going to be our daughter. But God knew better. Now, when he sees a new picture, like the one of her on Children's Day before the performance, he walked in, saw the picture on my desktop and said, "OH MY GOD!!!!!! SHE'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!!" I can't wait to see them together.

So, I'm almost all packed. I spent about 4 hours today making AJ's food for 2 weeks. The boys eat homemade Cuban pureed stews that I make them. I usually make a huge batch to last for the week. They devour the thing!!!! And it's so good for them; filled with just about every veggie imaginable and either chicken breasts or beef. Anyways, I had to make two huge batches for my sister to have on hand for AJ and I still have to pack him. Please keep my sister, Ily, in your prayers also while we are gone. She is going from no babies to taking care of AJ and Amanda for the two weeks we'll be in China. As great as my kids are, it's definitely a task to keep them entertained. Amanda is looking forward to spending time with her aunt, and AJ loves being spoiled by his Ayi. I just hope he doesn't forget me. heh. We're taking a webcam so hopefully we'll be seeing them daily.

We also bought a new video camera so I will be able to post a bit of video, especially of gotcha moment!! Amanda was our videographer last time, and she will be missed greatly! I just have to keep telling myself that I want to take in every second of this journey and the time we are spending in our children's birth country. It is an amazing place and I truly want to enjoy ourselves without thinking every moment that I can't wait to get back. Amanda and AJ are in great hands and we will be having contact daily with them..

So, that's it for now. The list has diminished a bit, but still quite voluminous. I will post tomorrow before we pack up the computer. I can't believe 2 more wakeups!!!!

1 comment:

The Princess's Mommy said...

WHOO-HOO!! You're almost there!! Safe travels! Love, Monica