Friday, June 01, 2007

Time for Coffee!!!!!

Oh yea. I'm definitely in "labor". Last night I got my first real dose of pre-baby insomnia. It happened with my three biological children. It happened while I waited for AJ to come into the world. It happened prior to our traveling for Kai. And now it's happening as we enter the countdown to leave for Anna Grace.

At about midnight, I started watching an episode of Season 4 of "24". Almost 2 hours later, I finally shut off the TV set. I must've layed there for about an hour, tossing and turning as thoughts of the 1,000,000 things I need to get done reverberated in my brain. I have lists of my lists, but somehow haven't brought myself to actually start checking them off.

I am exhausted this morning! Today I take Kai to speech therapy and then will come home to make another Must-Do-This-Week list. I really need to get on the ball, since I'm running out of time. Scott is Mr. List. You give him a list and he goes down it, one by one, efficiently checking them all off. You give me a list and I just look at it and say, "Oh, my God! I'm never gonna get this done!" Then I put it down and off I go. Proscrastination at its best. Ummm.....sorta like I'm doing now!

On that note, I am going to start my day. Hopefully we will get CA confirmation today and I can finalize the travel plans. It's still so very surreal to think that in 12 days we'll be boarding the plane and in 17 days we will be eye to eye with the our beautiful daughter. Just thinking about it sends my heart spinning out of control and turns the butterflies in my stomach into life-size bats!

UPDATE: Our Consulate Appointment confirmation did not come in today. :( Therefore, we need to wait until Monday to begin the finalization of our travel plans. Regardless, since we asked for the 25th, 26th, or 27th as consulate dates, we will be leaving on the 13th and just spending a day or two extra in China, if need be.

6 comments:

The Chuinard Hepner's said...

Ohilda!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Praise God! What a wonderful Father's Day it will be!!!

xoxoxo Lisa H.

Anonymous said...

Ohilda,
I'm so excited for you! I was praying for you all this morning. Jeffrey came home from school the other day and told me that his best friend is getting a baby sister from China. They've just started the process but are really excited. I'm going to give his friend's mom your website info. I know seeing everything about Kai and Anna Grace will only add to her enthusiasm.
Beth

Mom 2 six said...

I had the same thing happen !
Total insomnia !!
I am really, really, really happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Me too, me too! Couldn't sleep at all. I was a walking zombie. I couldn't remember anything even if I had it on a list! Hang in there friend! I have goose bumps all over just thinking about you finally holding Anna Grace. I cannot wait for the pictures!

Love,

Yvonne

G and C said...

Ohilda,
You don't know me but I found a link to your blog and had to read your incredible story!! I just wanted to say my daughter recently had VPI repair surgery and it went much easier than her initial palate repair. We only stayed in the hospital one night! We were in for three the first time. She recovered very quickly and went back to speech therapy the following week. Hannah has been home from China for 15 months now and we are headed back for number 2 (also with cleft lip and palate)later this summer. I know just how you feel with the surgery scheduling questions. I'll keep you in my prayers! Congratulations!!!!
Cheri

Janette said...

Ohilda,

Finally I have figured out how to use this blogger. I have wanted to comment on so many of your post but, could not remember how to use this. I just want to say that I am so happy for you all and for beautiful Anna Grace. She is finally going to be home with her Mama & Baba. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY SCOTT!! I will be following your journey to China and with your permission will be posting some into Kozy Korner. Can't wait to get together to see her. Sorry, we'll miss you guys this weekend. Email me pictures, please.
Hugs and Kisses to you all.
Janette