Monday, June 11, 2007

Hearts filled with gratitude...


As we enter the final stages of our journey, there are so many people that we need to stop and thank for your roles in our journey to Anna Grace.

First and foremost, to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He led us to our Feng Qin and is now making her our forever daughter. We again humbly give you all the glory, honor and praise Lord for this blessing.

Scott and I are forever grateful to Anna Grace's birthmother for having given her the gift of life. For taking risks and courageously placing her in a place where she would be immediately found. May our Lord fill your heart with peace knowing that she will be a part of a family that will love her eternally.

A big thank you has to go to the world's best dossier consultant, Stephanie Reid. She has taken care of us during both of our China adoptions and not only is she the best at what she does, she is also a wonderful person with her own beautiful treasures from China.

To our children, especially Amanda, for the patience that she has shown throughout this journey. I know it must be tough having gone from no siblings at home to now three. The boys adore you and so will Anna Grace. And to all of my beautiful children, thank you for allowing yet another sibling into your hearts with as much love as I have for each of you.

To my family, especially my Mom, my sister and her husband. For praying for us, and encouraging and supporting us as the world thought we were crazy when we said we were going back, and for being there for us the entire journey.

To my Dad, who although had reservations about us going back again for another special needs child, not only supported us, but helped us financially to bring her home!

To our agency, Heritage Adoption Services. Peggy was amazing when we were trying to scramble to find out the details of Anna Grace's special need when we needed to make a decision. We are forever grateful for her honesty, support and efficiency. And to Vicki, the director, who has gone above and beyond to make sure that all has gone smoothly. We are so very impressed with their professionalism and would use them again in a heartbeat if God ever led us down this path again, although I believe our quiver is full and complete now.

A heartfelt thank you must go to the CCAA and The People's Republic of China, for trusting us once again that we will love and cherish one of their own.

And last, but not least, to a very special group of friends who have been there for me since day one of the journey. I know that you all know who you are. You have listened to me whine incessantly and have rejoiced and prayed with me both in thanksgiving and in requests. I know that it is because of your well wishes and prayers that our Lord has favored us with this blessing. Your friendships are treasured and I am so honored to have walked this journey with each you.

I posted this poem over a year ago on Kai's website when I came across it, and just find it fitting to end today's post with it again. Thank you all again and God bless you abundantly.

Why?


"On the street I saw a small girl,
cold and shivering in a thin dress,
with little hope of a decent meal.
I became angry and said to God:
"Why did you permit this?
Why don't you do something about it?"
For a while God said nothing.
That night he replied, quite subtlety
"I certainly did do something about it.
I made you.'"

Author Unknown

1 comment:

Mom 2 six said...

Praying for a safe trip in a day, Anna Grace, and your family left at home !