Friday, June 08, 2007

We're moving along!

ImageChef.com - Create custom images

The day is quickly approaching now when we will board the plane. One of the things I was a bit concerned about a few months ago, I am much at peace with now. That's Kai going back. I was a bit insecure about his feelings and suddenly being immersed around Asians, especially when we live in a city wth a very low Asian population. But, I truly believe that he will be fine. He is well attached, adjusted and knows that we are his family. He is also very much looking forward to seeing his Mei-Mei, Anna Grace.

I can't even count how many times we've shown him pictures of her and explained that she is his baby sister and that she is coming home to be with us forever. He knows the routine. We're going on an airplane to China. Why? To bring home Anna, and to eat!! heh. The latter, for some reason, he always adds on when asked why are we going to China.

I have asked around a bit about our guide in Hefei (pronounced HO-FAY), since I had not heard of anyone having this gentleman. His name is Mr. Ding. :) Well, thanks to the great adoption community, quite a few families responded to my questions. It appears that Mr. Ding is a wonderful and gentle man and very much liked. He is great with the kids and has been doing his job of guide for adoptive families for quite some time. I learned this because I've had families email me about him being their guide back in 1995!

We are very fortunate to have a great agency at the helm and I believe that it will be a great trip! I can't wait to get back to China. Truly a piece of my heart stayed there when we were there last. I know it won't be our last trip, although it will probably be our last one in bringing home a child. We hope to someday return as a family so that Kai and Anna Grace can come to know the wonderful country, rich in history, where they were born.

So, the countdown continues and we are almost ready to count hours before leaving. We are in full-blast-mode of getting things done, especially last minute chores like the lawn and the pool, etc.

Lastly, I just want to say thank you again to all of you that our joining us in our journey in spirit, through well-wishes and prayers.

7 comments:

Keisha said...

This is soooo exciting! I just love reading your countdown! Thank you for your encouragement and prayers!!! We'll be praying for a SAFE travel for you and that everything goes smoothly.
PS. You're right God IS in control, ...sometimes I think He needs my help...But He doesn't! :0)
(((Hugs)))
Keisha

Journey to Lilly! said...

I am so very excited for you! I can't wait to see Anna Grace home & in your safe arms. We will be following along for the journey & you will be daily in our prayers!
lv & blessing,
Kim

Annie said...

Oh my goodness, I haven't checked your blog for awhile! Last time you were on you were still waiting for TA. I'm so excited for you. How wonderful taht sweet little Anna Grace will be home SOON! I can't wait to follow your journey!

(Hmm... Just realized this might be the first time I commented. I'm excited enough to come out of lurk mode. Your daughter Amanda is on my Asia Blessings Yahoo group and I've been reading your blogs since you went to get Kai.)

Annie said...

Well, I was so excited I commented even before reading the post, and now I have something to add. Your comment about Kai and going to China to eat made me laugh. When we went to Florida on vacation, my brother (who turned 12 today!) was 2. When we asked him what we were going to do in Florida, he always responded "up high in sky in airplane. Eat eggies. See meetme mouse) Apparently there just must be something about little kids that it's the eating they are looking forward to. :)

Anonymous said...

It is getting closer and closer! I can feel all of your excitment building and building! Are you ready to burst yet!! Just thinking about you all in Kai's birth city gives me goose bumps! What an exciting trip this is for all of you. Kai's visit, getting Anna Grace, what can top any of this? We will continue to hold all of you in our prayers!

Love,

Yvonne

Anonymous said...

Here a wonderful and safe journey.....can't wait to con't to follow your journey....how exciting!!!!!!!!I'm soooo excited for you!!!!!!!!

God Bless

Stephanie said...

I can't BELIEVE it's only TWO MORE DAYS until you leave for Anna Grace!! Will be praying for a safe journey and a smooth transition for your new little one. Little Anna Grace has no idea right now what a wonderful family she is joining....but she will soon!

Love,
Stephanie