Saturday, November 11, 2006

For Our Baby Girl

As I sat here today wallowing in my sadness at thinking how many months we still have to go before holding our beautiful daughter, I wrote this small poem. And since, this blog is for her someday, I decided to post it on here.
My sweet little Anna Grace,
How I long to see your face,
To feel your breath and smell your hair
Sweet baby, I wish you knew how much I care.

I know our Lord has a perfect plan.
But my heart wants you home as soon as we can
The wait seems eternal sometimes,
I am consoled by knowing that He made you mine.

I pray each day that His arms hold you tight
While we wait for the day to board that flight.
May His angels surround you and protect you from all,
Until we finally receive that call.

I anxiously wait for the day that we can bring you home,
And praise the Lord for only He alone,
Knows the depths of our love for you,
It is endless, forever and ever, that’s true.
Mommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohilda,

You are my hero. That was so very touching. Here's hoping that Anna Grace and Aiden LiJian will be home very soon.

Give that Kai a squeeze for me!!

April