Monday, February 12, 2007

Frustrated Seeking Romance!

Ok! Here's the scoop. As most of you have figured out, after 3 adoptions in 1 year, we're pretty broke! But, we've decided that we need to bite the bullet and have some romantic grown up time without the static of a baby monitor as background music.

Kai is doing great with his attachment, AJ is still pretty young that he won't really notice us gone, and Amanda....well, being a teenager, she loves when we go away. :) I know afer Anna Grace comes home it will be close to impossible to get away. First, because I won't leave her for quite a while after she's home because of attachment issues, and secondly, because who am I going to find to watch 4 kids??! YIKES!!!! So, it's now or never.

WOW! How I wish I lived up north right now. Do you know how inexpensive it is to come to Florida in the winter? I found some fares for $114. RT!!!! But do you know how expensive it is to go the freezing cold? Yeah...the price makes me shiver more than the weather. That's where the frustration comes in. Oh yeah, and cruises are great...cheap (living in FL) but I won't be accessible to Kai 24/7 on a ship, so that's a no-go. Since this will be the first time we leave him, I want to make sure that he doesn't feel abandoned and if he asks for me, I could be reached.

Anyways, here's where you all come in. We're looking for somewhere we can get away to for a weekend, probably early Friday thru late Sunday night. We're open to go pretty much anywhere, but I don't want to spend 8 hours on a plane to get there. It definitely has to be romantic. We're big on bed & breakfast places, but we also love the city, and I'd like it to be pretty nice if it's a hotel. :) Lastly, we have to keep it within our budget (which is not real high!). There you have it. We are totally up for suggestions.....Oh! And I wanna go soon....like maybe the first or second weekend in March.

Places we've thought about: Boston (we got engaged there at Quincey Market); Colonial Williamsburg, VA.; Washington, DC (neither one of us has ever been there), Amish Country in PA; the mountains....anywhere!!! Where we're having trouble deciding is that when we finally find something nice, that's reasonably priced, the flight times are horrible and we'd end up getting there late Friday and leaving early Sunday....so it's pretty much spending a thousand bucks for a day...which is pretty crazy. I'm even open to going somewhere in Florida, but I think we've already done most of the historic/touristy Florida spots.

So, that's whats new on the agenda. If you can think of somewhere nice, either comment on here, or email me. I am sooo totally ready to go away with my sweet hubby, without having to feed someone or see if they've pooped their pants!!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohilda and Scott,

When my kids were real small we took them the Newport, RI with its cobblestone side walks (not fun with a carriage) and very elegent eating it would be a very nice place to go back to alone!!!

Alot of the major airlines fly into Providence, RI (southwest, Delta etc...) They have a nice market right on the water.

Tracey

Ohilda said...

Wow, Tracey!! (Scott was born in Pawtucket, RI.) I've concluded I have beer budget and champagne taste! Checking out Newport and it looks great, the only thing..again, is flight times. If we choose an earlier time, then it skyrockets the price. But I just wanted you to check this out:

http://www.abigailstonemaninn.com/

I love it!! Can you imagine? A PILLOW MENU? heh!

I also want to thank everyone who is emailing me suggestions. I'm loving them and now it's getting even harder! By the way, as I was doing my research I came across a great B&B in Rapid City. Ummm. Naaahh... temp was 13 below today with windchill!


Ohilda

Anonymous said...

Hi Ohilda,
I sent you a couple of suggestions to your email--Cape May, NJ, Spring Lake, NJ and Hilton head SC--not sure I remember how to work this

Love
Peg

Unknown said...

Okay how about San Antonio Texas. Before we had kids we lived in Austin and we us to go to San Antonio with its river walk and historic sights it really is fun and easy to get around in.
I on the other hand are headed to Quebec tomorrow then I am going to drive to Florida on Monday to visit parents!!!

Ohilda said...

Tracey,

You are the third person to mention San Antonio to me. It is definitely something we're looking into.

Today I am spending the day cooking a romantic dinner for Scott. Amanda is off to her Dad's for the night, and the boys will be in bed (if it kills me!!) by 7:30 pm!

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day...I'll keep everyone posted about the trip.

Hugs,

O.