Tuesday, February 27, 2007

LUCKY NUMBER 13


Yes, folks! There you have it. What an amazing couple of days we've had. I, again, give God the glory and honor for these blessings, because I know that ALL good things come from Him.

Let me start off with our LID! Can you believe it? February 13! We were DTC on February 6, therefore, only SEVEN days from DTC to LID. I could not have asked for more.

Yesterday, as I was making the boys' lunch I thought that maybe we'd get the LID call then....but I shrugged it off thinking it's so improbable. Well, at 3:45 p.m., the phone rang. I didn't make it in time, but saw on the caller ID that it was our agency calling. Woohooo! I knew the only reason they'd be calling was to give us an LID. I was so very happy to hear the news. So, today, we are on day 14 of the wait. I am praying hard that we receive TA on or before the average 90 day wait. God has been so clear in everything leading us to Anna Grace, and I know that His timing is perfect, so I will leave it up to Him, especially since He's the one paying for this adoption because we are still short in travel funds. But, I am so very much at peace that He will provide. He did with the boys and I know He will with Anna Grace, again, for His glory. Anna Grace, we're counting down the days now, baby girl! I love you so very much. Hang in there just a little longer.

On to Amanda's accomplishments. Remember I had
posted earlier about her being invited by Duke University to take her SAT test? Well, she only slightly prepared for the test (after much nagging on my part) and when test day came, she was pretty upset because she said it was incredibly hard and she felt she did terribly. She estimated probably scoring a total of 500 points.

Yesterday, shortly before I got the LID call, I went to get the mail and Amanda's SAT scores were back. She wasn't home from school yet so I was thinking about how I could still be encouraging to her to continue on the path of her studies, while breaking the news to her that her test scores were pretty bad. I sat down on the couch and slowly peeled open the envelope! I couldn't believe it! SHE DID AWESOME!!!!! Her strengths are definitely reading and writing, but her math was quite good also. She scored a 1300 on her SATs. I am so very proud of her! Considering the fact that the test included calculus & geometry, which she has not taken yet, I couldn't ask for more. She came home a little while later, and couldn't believe the scores. The glow on her face made my night. I know quite a few high school students who have scored much lower. And the fact that she is only 12 years old and in 7th grade, makes in all the more amazing. We are so very blessed with all of our children! Every single one of them is different from the other, yet they all have a unique characteristic that makes them so very special. I am honored to call them my own!

1 comment:

Mom 2 six said...

Way to go Amanda !!!
Our Harrison is 12 and in 7th grade he just tried the ACT. He felt the same as you did when he got done...Great job !!

LOVE IT that you have that LID...now on to the next step...
Praying for your family and Anna Grace.