Saturday, February 24, 2007

Oh Happy Days!!!

ImageChef.com - Create custom images


I can't believe that a year ago today we received the news that TA (travel approval) had come in for Kai. I remember being at my wits end with the wait, and then everything suddenly went into overdrive.

We had been skipped over for PA since we were already logged in going down the non-special needs path, therefore, I hadn't been able to share pictures of our sweet boy. That day, I was able to show the world why my heart had been soaring, not to mention the fact that China said..."Come get your son!!!!" Below is my journal entry, on Formed By Love, for that wonderful day, February 24, 2006.


2/24/06

WE GOT IT! WE GOT! ******** TA TA TA TA TA ***********

I am trying so hard to stop shaking and crying enough to type these words!!! We got the call today...at 12:21 PM that we had received our TA. I am still in a state of shock and BEYOND thrilled that we will be leaving to China in 32 days!! We are awaiting the confirmation date of our Consulate appt. which we requested for April 10th or 11th....that would be our last day in China, and we'd be home for Easter! Can you imagine?

I absolutely LOVE Holy week! It is a week that fills me so much as we go through the last few days of our Lord's passion and then enter into the celebration of new life, His resurrection! I could not have chosen a better week to bring that baby home!! Oh my gosh, I am so excited! It's going to happen.....this was it. This was the last step! WE DID IT!!!!! THANK YOU, JESUS!!!!!!

And again, thank you to Harrah's AIM for their unconditional support and kindness in assisting us with the journey to our son. Thank you to CCAA for trusting that without a doubt, Adrian Wen Kai will be loved as if we were our biological child. Actually, probably more ::wink:: since I've carried him for 29 months (in my heart)!!!! And last but not least, thank you so much to the amazing adoption community and family that has rallied around us with their constant support, comfort and prayers! WE LOVE YOU!!!!

And to our beautiful little boy.....Mommy just cannot wait to see you, smell you, hold you, kiss you! I promise with every fiber of my being that I will love you to no end as long as I live. Whew....the tears are seeping into my keyboard! LOL!

And now, I can officially post Kai's pictures on line. I asked about getting updated pictures, but they've been requested twice and have not been sent by CCAA. So, I am hoping I recognize this little guy. These pictures were taken prior to his lip surgery. The first at about 4 months old (with the red shirt) and the others at about 7 months old! I am soooo in love with this baby! He's gonna wonder who the hec this crazy woman is that won't stop squeezing him!

So, without further ado ...we proudly present our son:

ADRIAN WEN KAI BOMBARDIER







I know many of you walked this journey a year ago with us, and you are still here. Thank you!! After so long, I really have pretty much the same words. Your love, support and prayers in bringing home all 3 of our children is something that we could not ever repay. Many of you were there when I thought it would never happen, yet you lifted me up and kept me going. And to have received that travel approval was like taking a load of bricks off my shoulders. It was true! We were blessed with a precious son....shortly afterwards, another adorable son....and now a beautiful daughter. God is sooooooooooooo darn good!!!!!

SPECIAL REQUEST: On a final note, if I can ask you to please sign into Anna Grace's guestbook. This morning, I was going over the beautiful messages left for Kai & AJ, and it just filled my heart with the love that you have all shared with our family. I can't wait until they are old enough to see how much love, from all over the world, they received as we waited for them. I'd love for Anna Grace to have those same feeling. You can log into our guestbook for Anna Grace here. And if you didn't get a chance to leave Kai & AJ a message on their guestbook (which I printed out and have in albums for them, as I will do for Anna Grace), you can leave them a message here. Thank you and God always bless you abundantly!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH!!! I can't believe it has been a YEAR ALREADY.....i can't believe i am still waiting my referral!!!!LOL
I love you blog and love sharing in all this joy,and adorable smiles every time i tune in....thak you sooo much for sharing these precious moments,it certainly has made our loonnngggg wait that much easier.
from NB,Canada
lid dec.19/05(waiting for baby M)

Ohilda said...

Thanks Dianne! I know your wait has been horrific. But you're getting REALLY close to that referral call! I can't wait to finally see Baby M's beautiful little face.