Sunday, February 18, 2007

Jack is back...and more!


Yes, my friends. My heart throb is back in my life. And Scott was the one to let 'em in! I got season three of 24 for Valentine's Day. So, my spare time, which is not much these days, is being spent holding my breath and sitting at the edge of my seat waiting to see if Jack puts that needle in his arm or gasping as Nina orders her "guys" to shoot him or even trying to guess ahead how he is going to get out of the mess he is in with the Colombian cartel. SIGH!

Anyways, so if I have not responded to your emails...again, I promise I will. I have a huge to-do list, including gathering paperwork for our tax return (YUCK!), pay bills (DOUBLE YUCK!), take a trip downtown with both the boys to visit the Immigration office to apply for Kai's passport (TRIPLE YUCK!) and it goes on and on. I have become a master at procrastinating, which I have never done in my life. And when I think that Anna Grace may be home in three and half to four months, I shudder at the thought how much I need to get done!

Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day. Although we didn't go out, the boys fully cooperated by sleeping early (AND ALL NIGHT!!) and I made a fabulous candlelight dinner, thanks to my friends at Fresh Market. It was an awesome night with my sweetie.

Lastly, I wanted to share that I thought I would "test-drive" Kai for our being away from him for 3 nights in a couple of weeks. So, last night, I left he and AJ at my Mom's house. It went ...let's say, ok. He did call me and I kept telling him he will be staying with Po-Po. He went to bed early and all went well.

This morning, he awoke at my Mom's and his first words were "Mama?" over and over. My Mom grabbed the phone and had me speak to him and reassure him that I was still in his life and had not left him, but she said he seemed "confused". When she arrived with him at my house at about 10 am, he did not want to get out of the carseat. I finally got him out and he was quite serious with me. Scott walked up and he leaped towards Scott. Obviously, he was directing his frustration towards me, his main "caretaker". Something I was expecting and a very normal attachment reaction. We took it slow and about 3 hours later, he was back to himself, with much reassurance from me that "Mommy comes back"!

Later on in the day, we headed out to Best Buy to get a webcam for our 3 days away from him. I want to do everything possible for him to realize that Mommy will never, ever leave him. I wish there was someway this little guy could understand how crazy in love we are with him....I know, that someday he will, but it breaks my heart for him to even have a doubt.

1 comment:

Asher, Esther & Emma's Jie Jie said...

I'm a (die hard) 24 fan as well!! I own all of the seasons, and I have to say the 3rd one was my favorite!!

Anyways, I haven't posted on your blog before but I do enjoy reading! I have two sisters adopted from China, Esther (March 2006) and Emma (August 2004). They are both 4 years old, and we're waiting for Asher (age 7) from China as well!

I've been following your journeys to both Kai and AJ and can't wait to follow this one to Anna Grace!