Thursday, February 01, 2007

Walkin' on Sunshine!

The good news is flowing. One of my wonderful adoption buddies received her LOA (Letter of Acceptance) today. This means that her TA should be coming within the next couple of weeks and she's off to China to bring home the most ADORABLE little guy you've ever seen. Noah, your family is almost there, baby! A big congrats to the F. family!!!!!

That brings me to sharing the latest news about the LOA and TA. Remember I was down in the dumps a few weeks ago when we all found out that they were adding a new step to the China Waiting Child Program (the LOA)? Well, at the time, it was thought that it would be an additional 6-7 weeks. The past few recipients of Letters of Acceptance that have been received and returned have all proven to have received their TAs (travel approvals) from CCAA within a week or two after receipt of the letter of acceptance!!!!! I am flying high at this news! But wait....it gets better.

LIDs (log in dates after your dossier is in China) have been taking about 30 days from receipt of your dossier. I think I mentioned in a previous post that I was expecting an LID of mid to end of March, calculating on 30 days. Today I read posts from several agencies whose clients had received LIDs of only 5-7 days after their dossier was sent to China!!! It could possibly be that we get an LID of late February, putting us back on track of possibly being in China late May.

Is CCAA speeding up the process? Are they cleaning house before leaving for the Chinese New Year holidays? Who knows?!! All I know is that I'm lovin' hearing some good news from the adoption front for a change!!!! Wooohooo!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohilda,

It looks like CCAA are indeed speeding things up. I am praying it continues and you will be able to have sweet Anna in your arms in May.


(((HUGS)))
Tammy

Anonymous said...

Dear Ohilda,

Well I guess I don't have to tell you that I'm a lurker! HA! But of course I had to come out because you made such nice comments about our family yesterday. I came here today to lurk of course, and get ideas on how to set up a blog because I have no clue what I'm doing and what did I find, this nice mention of us!! Thank you!! Great, so now I'm de-lurked. :)

Hugs,

Yvonne

Anonymous said...

Keeping everything crossed for guys to hold your beautiful Anna in May.

NB,Canada
lid dec.19th/05