Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Recovering...

Well, as I wade through the mountains of toys, clothes and boxes...I am relieved to say that it is over and our first Christmas wth the boys was a huge hit!

Ayi & Shu-Shu, grandparents, more aunts and uncles and siblings have added to making sure these boys lack NOTHING...literally nothing. Maybe a little help from Mama and Daddy, too. :) From phones to portable DVD players so that they (Heaven forbid!) not be bored in the car, to cars, trains, helicopters and automobiles, it was all there. Scott and I were discussing renting storage space for their toys! I really tried to discourage all the gifts and even we tried to stick to the 3 gift rule. But, I don't know what happened.

Truly, it was an amazing Christmas. We started off with the traditional Cuban "Noche Buena" (Christmas Eve) at Po Po's (Grandma) house where we ate of course, what else...roasted pig! Yummy!! We even had a visit from Santa (Thank you, Shu-Shu!!) and the boys were in awe of it all. It was a great evening which was closed with of course, our traditional singing Happy Birthday to Jesus and cutting the birthday cake. We've been talking to Kai now for a few weeks about the REAL reason for the season, Jesus' birth. So, he was pretty aware that all the celebration revolved around our Savior coming into the world. My sister even caught him a couple of times kneeling before the Baby Jesus at my Mom's nativity scene. God has big plans for this little guy....I can't wait to see!

AJ was just soooooo cute!! He wasn't much into the unwrapping, but loved the rustling of all the shiney paper and the boxes. Although with three teeth on top trying their best to break through, EVERYTHING ended up as a meal. I even had to drop everything as I noticed him chewing on something. When I ran over, he was devouring a styrofoam peanut! UGH! Fortunately, none of it went down. He loved Santa and had no fears.

The next morning we went to Christmas mass and hurried off to Miami to see the rest of the family. Where we all exchanged more gifts!

We spent the entire two days with family. Seeing the smiles and hearing the squeals of joy coming from the kids were worth every second of the wait we endured for them. I will be adding pictures later when I can find the camera. I believe it's buried somewhere where the floor used to be but is now covered in toys and wrapping paper so we can't see it!


Hugs to all...

Ohilda

No comments: