Friday, December 01, 2006

WHAT IS IN A WORD?


According to Webster's Dictionary the definition of CONTROL is:

1. to exercise restraint or direction over; dominate; command.

Well, you'd think that being on my third adoption in three plus years, I'd realize that I have NONE of this! Yes, ultimately I know that God is in total control...but there are some things in which I feel I can grasp and run with. I've come to realize that my freaking homestudy is not one of those!!! I am sooooo darn flustered with my SW! Luckily, he never reads this, but on the same token, he never even turns on his computer! So, how fortunate am I?
The final revisions to our homestudy were sent to him on Monday of this week.....do you think he's checked email? Ummm...No!!! Gee, how hard could it be? And this is past history that we are revising here, not any new things. You ask how can you "revise past history"? Does history change? Isn't that why it's called HISTORY?

Hmmm....let's see what Mr. Webster says about HISTORY:

1. the record of past events and times, esp. in connection with the human race.
Well, we've already sat with this man easily 10x in the past 3 years...of which he's left with a check in hand almost every single time. So, why can't our history remain the same as it was in the past 4 homestudies? Could it be because he feels he needs to "earn" his money? Well, guess what! Make me happy, appease me! Earn your money by leaving it the same and giving me my completed homestudy!!!! Whew! Do I feel better now!! Venting to the world somehow gives me relief at times when I have lost ALL CONTROL! Maybe today will be the day that it's over. I'm off to pray!

No comments: