Thursday, October 26, 2006

Wishing upon a star....

I came across this poem tonight and thought..."Hmmm...can it be that we get PA this week?" It's not impossible since not long ago I heard from someone who got PA in 2 weeks, but being in the adoption world for so long, I know it's not very probably. Our agency did get PAs in today...but obviously not ours. ::sniff:: Anyways, here's the little verse that got me wishin'.
Dream upon a star tonight.
Then hold it near your heart very tight,
Just make a wish that’s especially for you,
And hope that someday your wish will come true!!
Today was very productive for us and I am WIPED OUT!!!!! I took off early this morning and we headed to FedEx to send Scott's birth certificate to the Consulate General in NY for authentication. Next, we went to the photo place and Kai and I took passport pictures. That was an adventure in itself. The kid ALWAYS smiles...except when a camera is being pointed at him. Anyways, after about 9 shots, I finally said to the man, "It's fine...doesn't matter that he looks like he's gonna kill someone, I just need to get to China and back with him!" And my picture? OMG!!! I look as stressed as I felt. I woke up this morning, took a shower, put make-up on, straightened my hair...looked pretty decent and ready for a picture. By the time I got there, after spending 4 hours with these two little guys in the car, going to FedEx, going to the grocery store, and going to speech therapy, I looked like I'd been hit by a truck! And you know what? It's perfectly ok with me, because the reality is that by the end of the day...that is truly what I look like. LOL! Why hide it?
We are waiting now for our marriage license, our homestudy draft and our I171H to be DTC....in February. This Saturday, we are packing up the kids and taking the 2.5 hour drive to Tampa to be fingerprinted.
It's funny that since the boys have been home, time has just flown by! Now that we are back on the rollercoaster and waiting to go get Anna Grace, time is CRAWLING!!!! Gosh, I wish it were Easter of next year!
Ok. Enough ramblings. I'm off to bed to catch up on some much needed sleep since Mr. AJ decided he'd party last night at about 12:30 pm, and it lasted till a little after 4 am! Then, of course, Kai was right on schedule waking up at 6:30 a.m. Heaven help me when I have 3 little ones!!

No comments: