Thursday, March 22, 2007

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY, SWEET AJ!

My sweet baby, AJ....

A year ago today, shortly after 8 a.m., we were blessed with your arrival into this world. God's plan is always perfect, and you were a true miracle in that plan, baby boy. From the moment that we knew you were going to be ours, my heart was exploding with emotion and love for you. I couldn't wait to hold you.

On March 22, 2006, I was handed one of the most beautiful babies I have ever seen. You were a little bundle, all wrapped like a burrito, weighing only 6 lbs. 9 ozs. At the hospital, we took you back to our room and I just kept repeating that I couldn't believe God had performed such a miracle in our lives. You were perfect and everything I had dreamed of.

AJ, for the past year we have watched you grow from that teeny baby boy, who awoke every 2 hours, sometimes to just play, for 3 months, into a strong, healthy, handsome little toddler. You melted my heart with that first smile. You loved snuggling on your Daddy's chest and could lay there for hours. I loved rocking you and singing to you. You were and still are such a good baby. You have no idea the joy that you've brought into our lives, but I can tell you that if I could reach up and hold a star for each time that you made my heart skip beats, I'd have an entire evening's stars in my hand.

I love you so much, sweet baby. I love how I walk into your room in the mornings and you are standing in your crib, waiting. I love when I approach your crib how you give me this big beautiful grin and always say "HI!" I love when you see your bottle or something you want to eat and you start this cute little "huh, huh, huh" sound. I love when I am changing your diaper and it always turns into a game of "catch me if you can" on the bed as you flop over on your belly and take off crawling at the speed of light, then fill the room with your giggles as I drag you back laughing. I love now that you are walking how you could be across the room but if you see me looking at you and I open up my arms, you drop whatever you're doing and literally come running into your Mama's arms, then lay your head on my chest. I love when I ask you for "besitos" (kisses) and you open your mouth and lean towards my face. I love how your face lights up and you start clapping when Daddy walks through the door. Baby boy, I can go on and on about everything I love about you....because I LOVE everything about you! You are such a huge blessing in our lives and I can't even fathom the thought of you not being in it. I thank our Savior, Jesus Christ, for creating you and creating our family with you in it. You are my baby boy and I am honored and privileged to be your Mama. Telling you I love you with all of my heart and soul only describes the tip of the iceberg about how I feel for you.

God bless you always and may His angels surround you with peace, love and happiness your entire life. May you always allow His light to shine through you and your actions show your love for our Lord.

Hugs and kisses filled with love always,


Your Mommy Forever and Ever....













3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet baby boy!!! Happy Birthday AJ. :)



(((HUGS)))
Tammy and Tiana

Mom 2 six said...

Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday to you....Happy Birthday dear AJ....Happy Birthday to you.

geminirn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!Wow Hard to believe a whole has flown by......Happy Birthday AJ!!!!!!!!!

What a hadsome little man you are.

From NB,Canada