Thursday, March 01, 2007

Last minute thoughts

Well, tomorrow is the big day! First get-a-way that Scott and I have had alone in 2 years! It is bittersweet. I have been packing the boys since yesterday and frequently reminding Kai that he will be sleeping at his Ayi's house....only to get a half-confused smile. I am going to miss these babies soooo very much! For a year almost, they've been attached to my side, almost literally. I know it'll be good for both of us to start separating a bit, especially since they will soon be sharing my attention with yet another sibling....and Anna Grace, as Kai did, will take up LOTS of my time since I want to make sure her attachment is a good one.


Po-Po was just here to pick up AJ and it took 3 trips to the trunk of her car to get everything in. I must've kissed that little face 10,000 times before the car pulled away. Kai and I stood quietly waving bye-bye and watched it until it turned the corner. ::sniffle:: He's spent the night away before, but it's always been from the afternoon of one day to the morning of the next....never this long.

Kai's "pick-up" time will be later this evening. As I said earlier, I've been trying to prepare him. I've told him Ayi is taking him to the park (which he LOVES!!!) and she is also taking him to a nearby fairground. His first fair ::wiping tears:: and Mama won't be there. I know he's gonna have a ball and I know that both boys are going to be smothered in love while Scott and I are gone.

I still have LOTS to do, including laundry, digging thru stored clothes for the winter stuff and looking for something romantic to wear by the fireplace. ::wink:: I'm really excited and look forward to spending grownup time without wiping noses, cleaning butts, or having to read a story or rock someone to sleep. I also plan on sleeping in on Saturday morning till about 11:00....OMG!!!!!!! That in itself is AWESOME!

Oh!! One of my readers (sorry my mind is mush and if you want to remind me of who you are, I'd love it!) mentioned about a restaurant called The Old Mill. I no longer have the email, but I know it came from here, because it sounded really cool. I want to say it was up in New England somewhere but not real sure. Anyways, I found they have one in Pigeon Forge....so we are definitely hitting some down south home cooking on Friday night!!! Yummmmmm!

This will be my last posting until next week. If you can squeeze in a quick prayer for my boys to do great and especially Kai. that he not feel for one moment he was abandoned by Mama....it would be awesome.

Hugs to all and have a great weekend.
O.

3 comments:

geminirn said...

Have a FANTASTIC well deserved weekend!!!!!!!!!

NB,Canada

waiting4Isabella said...

Oh, hi mom this is Kai - I'm doing just great. Ayi is feeding me really good with all the food you left her and I can't wait until tommorrow to go to the park with Ayi. I will write you again tommorrow.

I love you and daddy and have lots of fun. Don't worry about AJ I'll make sure he's ok with Po-Po.

Love you mom,
Kai

Anonymous said...

Ohilda,

I hope that you and Scott have a wonderful little break! You deserve it. Better rest up, soon you will have 3 little ones running around!!

April
Day 71