Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Happy MLK Day, Sweetie!

You may be thinking, "Huh?" Well, yesterday, as we all know, was Martin Luther King's birthday. What does that mean to us? It's party time! For Scott, that is!

Yes, Scott's big day of the year is MLK's birthday. It's been that way for the past 7 years. Why? Let me explain.

It all started about 7 years ago when I ordered a customized Patriots tire cover online for Scott for Christmas. This was going to be his "big" gift that Christmas. Well, 2 days before Christmas, I was pretty frantic after it didn't arrive only to call the company and find out that it was on back order. I was soooo totally bummed. I hated to say, "Your Christmas gift will arrive later". So, I ran out and got him something else (who knows what now) and I didn't mention the tire cover.

A few days after New Years, the tire cover arrived. I was so bummed because I knew he would absolutely love it since we had just purchased our SUV, so I wanted an "occassion" to be able to give to him for. His birthday was in May, so there was no way I wanted to wait that long and then there was Valentine's Day...but that was over a month away. I'm quite impatient. :) I grabbed a calendar and scanned it for holidays in January. VOILA....MLK's Birthday!!!!

So, when the day arrived. Scott came home. I had a delicious candlelight dinner made, a nice bottle of wine, and of course....his gift. When he asked, what's this all about, I said, "It's MLKs birthday!!! Everyone celebrates MLK's birthday!" He thought I was pretty nuts (that's something he loves about me!) but went along with it. He opened his big gift (along with a couple of little ones) and was elated. He then proceeded to call his brothers and friends from work to tell him about his MLK day gift and acted so surprised when his friends didn't get gifts. heh.


The rest is history. From that day on, we ALWAYS celebrate MLK's birthday. Scott is the only recipient of gifts as he gets small ones for Christmas. It's kinda funny because now my entire family shortly after Christmas is reminding Scott that MLK's birthday is coming up! heh. Some of his MLK gifts in the past? Hmmm....a pentium V computer (when they first came out), a 62" wide screen TV, playoff tickets to see the Pats, a surround sound system for his computer....well, you get the picture. He's pretty spoiled, but very deserving of it!

Hope you enjoyed your MLK Day, Baby!!! Love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are too funny,that is one of the reasons i have continued to check your blog daily for the past year.

from NB,Canada
lid dec.19/05(for our China angel)