Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Off with a kiss and a prayer....

Literally. Yes, our documents are all complete. Every last one of them. Our dossier papers have been notarized, certified and authenticated. Payments have been made (thank you, Jesus!) and every bit of paperwork was neatly tucked into a FedEx letter envelope on its way to Oregon, where our agency is. I gave it a kiss and said a prayer right before handing it to the FedEx clerk. Our DTC date will most likely be Feb. 22 or 23rd. We'll see. All I know is that I can breathe a sigh of relief knowing that its out of my hands and into someone else's. Anna Grace, we're half way there, baby!

Ok recap of the past couple of days. I'm exhausted. My Dad and his brother who is here on a 4 month tourist visa from Cuba, spent two days with us. We had a blast! My Dad is an AMAZING cook and poor guy, has cooked non-stop since he arrived. I, of course, have eaten non-stop since he arrived. My uncle fell head over heels over the boys, but especially Kai, who took to him like a fish to water.

Kai's latest antics have been dancing and singing. Sooooo cute! And always ends up with a bow and clapping for himself. No clue where he's seen that done, but boy! Music is in this boy's blood! He LOVES it!

My Dad and Uncle have now left to my sister's for a couple of days and will stop by for a short visit towards the end of the week on their way back to Miami.

One last thing. I've gotten a couple of emails asking if I'm still lost into the 24 episodes, since I've been so quiet. The answer is no. I've been totally caught up with so much to do around here, that by the time I have the kids in bed, my brain is too fried to think about typing. I'm so sorry that it is taking me days to respond to some of your emails, but please know that I appreciate you thinking about me and I love hearing from you. Just bear with me a bit until I can organize my life again, and I will definitely respond to all of your emails.

Back to 24. I'm done with Season Two and will have to wait until I can afford to go buy seasons 3, 4 & 5. In the meantime, I will be like the rest of the world and have to wait a week in between episodes. I did do MAJOR research on Keifer Sutherland's background the other day as I was driving Scott crazy talking about him. But after all was said and done, he's not my type. heh. He's definitely a "bad boy", who loves women, smoking and drinking. His quote in Rolling Stone magazine said he is looking forward to being "killed off" as Jack Bauer on the 24 episodes. :(

So, I think I'll stick to my sweet, romantic, faithful, hard working, God-loving, family man of a husband. Sorry Keifer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! That is progress!! It won't be long now that you will have your little sweetie home.

On another note, I too had to kiss my dossier before I shipped it. Great minds...

I used to be a huge Keiffer fan, right up until Eye For an Eye. He lost me forever with that one.

April

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! What a relief to have all your paperwork COMPLETED and payment made!!!!! We miss you on the QT2 group. Stop in and say Hi when you can.


(((HUGS)))
Tammy