Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Help! Quilt time has arrived!

Here is a picture of the beautiful 100 Good Wishes Quilt that Kai's Po-Po created for him. I must admit that it was tough gathering all of the quilt squares and I still have not yet put all of the wishes in his album, but will be completing that task soon! I absolutely love the thought that so many people, from all over the world, came together and sent good wishes to our little one.

If you are wondering what a 100 Good Wishes Quilt is, let me explain. To welcome a new child, a tradition exists in the northern part of China to make a Bai Jia Bei (aka 100 Good Wishes Quilt). The family invites friends and family to contribute two 8" squares of cloth along with their wish for the baby. One of the squares goes into the quilt for the baby, and the other goes into a scrapbook with the wish for the child. It is said that the quilt contains the luck, energy, and good wishes from everyone who contributed a piece of fabric. It is so important for us to try and keep our Chinese children's heritage alive and what better way to do that than bringing Chinese traditions into our home.

Now the time has come for us to put together (actually her Po-Po will be "putting it together") a 100 Good Wishes Quilt for our precious Anna Grace. It would truly warm my heart if all of you who have been following our journey contribute a square for her quilt, with of course, your wish for her. You can email me privately for the address to send it to.

As I did with Kai's quilt, I will be posting regularly the progress of its completion. I must admit, it did take my Mom a few months to put it together, but the finished product was so worth the wait. It is beautiful! And even more beautiful to me is the love that she put into making it. :) I am honored that she will be making another one for Anna Grace.

So, please, it would be an honor if you would join us in celebrating the arrival of our beautiful daughter by contributing 2 - 8" quilt squares and your wish. We hope to bring her home in late May and I'd love for her quilt to be adorning her bed when she walks into her room for the first time!

No comments: