Monday, January 01, 2007

Fall afresh on me....

Those of you that know me, know that I am not big on "new year's resolutions". I am pretty much of the opinion that whenever it is time for a change, that is the moment to make the change. Most people I know start off their new year's resolutions with the best of intentions and setting pretty high goals for themselves, most never get accomplished.

But, since there has been much change in my life in the past 9 months, I am going to jump on the bandwagon and really try to accomplish as many of these "goals" that I have set for myself, as possible.

A couple are just that...goals. And a couple are true desires of the heart. One is just wishful thinking. You can guess which one that is. :)

So, without further ado. My goals for the year 2007.

  • Increase my prayer life. (I will elaborate on this one a bit later)
  • Rekindle a broken relationship that is very important to me.
  • Have Kai toilet trained by May of this year.
  • Lose at least 10 lbs. in the first quarter of the year.
  • Buy 1 lottery ticket each week of the year. ::sigh::

If anything, it'll be neat to go back to this post on January 1, 2008 and see how many, if any, of these goals I did accomplish.

Just a quick note on my first goal, to increase my prayer life. I think most of you know that Christ is first and foremost in my life, but how much time do I spend with him, one on one? I am embarrassed to say...not much.

I pray for friends' prayer requests, I pray when needs arise. I walk around all day thanking him and praising him for the smallest of blessings and thanking him for when things go wrong, because I know it will be used to glorify Him in the end. And I even pray while driving or during some other time when the thought of someone or a particular situation comes into my mind. But, I really need to spend "quiet time" with Him. I need to go into my room, with my bible, my rosary, and get on my knees....daily! Not doing this because I have the boys is a total excuse. If I can find the time to blog, I can find the time to spend with the Lord. Don't get me wrong. I know He's with me every day. I feel His presence in every aspect of my life, but I don't give him the personal time He so deserves and I am sure wants. So, that is my major goal for 2007.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a great major goal ! Can't wait to continue to follow your joutney in 2007. I love reading your blog.