Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Dreams

It seems like many times throughout my life, God has given me "messages" through my dreams. When we were desperately awaiting some serious test results for Kai after bringing him home, I'd jump at every phone call thinking it was the drs. office. I distinctly remember the Friday before the call having a dream where our priest, of all people, came to me and said, "Ohilda, don't worry. The results are negative, but you won't hear until Monday afternoon." Sure enough....Monday at 4:35 p.m., we received the phone call from his doctor saying all of the tests had come back negative.

Another instance is the night before we received TA for Kai, I had an AMAZING dream! For the first time in 29 months that we had been waiting to adopt, I had awoke with a EUPHORIC feeling!! I dreamed that Scott and I were on the plane to bring Kai home and I kept saying over and over "Oh my God, I can't believe it's finally happening! We're REALLY getting our son!" It was so real I woke up with tears in my eyes and I immediately said to Scott, "TA's are coming!!" Well, that same morning, we got an email from our agency that our TA was on the way!

Now moving on to Anna Grace, on day 35 of the wait, I dreamed that our WC coordinator called and told me that she had our LOA in front of her. I remember saying to her, "Are you sure you're calling Ohilda? We're only on day 35." She then responded with, "I know, I was quite surprised, but yes...your LOA is in my hands!" I woke up and waited all day for the phone to ring....nothing. The next day, in the midst of Kai's speech evaluation, the phone rings. I look at the caller ID and it's our agency. I excuse myself and RUN to the phone and pick it up. The first thing I hear is, "Before you go nuts, I don't have your LOA or your TA. BUT...something did come transcontinental from China for you! You official LID paper." heh!! I had to laugh. After I caught my breath, I thought, "Hey, my dream was pretty close, except for a couple of letters in the acronym."

And lastly, the night after that dream on day 36 (this is the one I am banking on to be a slam dunk!!!), I had another dream. This one, I was at the airport in China and the Chinese lady at the counter said to me in broken English, "You see, you weren't supposed to be receiving your LOA then, it's because you will get it on day 68!" And then she handed me a little yellow card with the number 68 written in bold black writing on it. I woke up and a few minutes later I was counting days on the calendar. That happened on day 36 ( the day before AJ's birthday!)...so day 68 is April 22, my Mom's anniversary. It is a Sunday, but Monday in China! If my dream is right, we should be finding out that our LOA is on it's way or arrived on that date! So, come on number 68!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT WOULD BE FANTASTIC.......keeping everything crossed for you,it is going to be fun just counting down with you.

Hugs Dianne
NB,Canada

Mom 2 six said...

Hope that dream comes true. We completely jumped into our adoption based on a dream. What was even more amazing is that our girl was left the night before that dream. We felt it was a blessing Ihad the dream and we took the plunge.