Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Perspective...thank you, Lord!

Have you ever woken up in the morning and just known that it was going to be a good day? Well, this morning was one of those. It just felt different. Nothing in particular has changed. Nope....my package is still sitting somewhere at the airport in Chinese customs office and who knows if it will ever be delivered, and the days are still crawling by. BUT....God, AS ALWAYS, shows me when I forget to lean on Him, that HE IS GOD! Plain and simple.

As you all have read, the past 2 days I have been relishing in my big pity party. Feeling sorry for myself that I am only on day 50 something of the wait, angry and upset that we sent Anna Grace's package and it has been held up (not to mention the exhorbitant amount of $ it cost to FedEx it), Kai's passport was delayed because of inempt employees....well, you get the picture.

This morning as I was reading my emails, I received an email from someone who I had apparently told I was going to send a fabric square and wish to, and I thought I had. I obviously didn't because she was asking about it. So, I write back, apologize and tell her that it's going to be in the mail today. That's it. I thought it was over.

A little while later, I come back to the computer and there is another email from this same person. She had gone to my website and seen what God had done in our lives and how we had been blessed with not only Kai, but had AJ sent down from the Heaven's without even seeking a newborn baby. The reason she sent the second email was because she was telling me she just found out about a situation she is in that may prevent her from adopting from China (she's already cleared the review room). The decision right now lays in the hands of CCAA, and she is anxiously awaiting an answer. She doesn't have any children, and has been dreaming her whole life of being a Mother.

Why am I writing all this? For two reasons, first to thank God for putting things in perspective for me. My problems are so diminished when I hear about the heartache that others are dealing with. I have been blessed to overflowing and even when the times were tough, the Lord carried me through it and when His will was done, as in losing lots of money and our first referral from Belarus, it was for the best, and for His glory. Thank you, Jesus!

The second reason is because I want to ask the wonderful prayer warriors that read my blog, to please pray for this person and her situation. I know there are hundreds of thousands of different circumstances out there of mothers wanting babies, but I also know that it is not a coincidence that this was the only fabric square that didn't make it, and it is also not a coincidence that this woman read my blog NOW for the first time, while she awaits a decision, a life altering decision to be made. Her name is not necessary because the Lord knows who she is, and knows the desires of her heart. Please friends, storm the Heavens with this request. I don't think I've ever used my blog to ask for prayer requests for anyone other than for our needs, but I feel so strongly that the Lord is urging me to do so.

S.

Firmly believe that the decision is NOT in the hands of the CCAA, the decision is in the hands of our Lord & Savior, and He already knows the answer. Matthew 21:22 tells us that "if you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer". Please believe with all of your heart and soul that your baby is waiting for you in China and allow God to do the work. God bless you!

3 comments:

Doug and Terrye said...

Thank you for the opportunity to pray for this one seeking to start her family. Please let us know if there are any updates.

Ohilda said...

Thank you! I will definitely post once I hear something. I know God answers prayers..thank you for including her in yours.

God bless!

Anonymous said...

Praying for this mom and her situation here in Texas! Please update us when you hear something!!

Blessings,

Yvonne