Monday, April 09, 2007

Trying hard not to sink!

Tonight, my disposition has plummeted with a voice mail I received. You see, on Thursday, we spent big bucks on sending Anna Grace a birthday package. Our wonderful USPS could not guarantee me shipment, but my heart was set on her receiving a package from us for her birthday so we decided to send it FedEx Priority. She was to have received it tomorrow, the 10th. Besides the goodies that you see in the picture, we also had included (and most important to me) two letters; one to her, and one for her foster parents explaining that we were sending another little album with the translations of who was who in the family. I was so excited to see the words DELIVERED on my FedEx tracking page. Instead, this is what I got:

The following shipment has encountered international clearance delays:
Tracking number:
855XXXXXXXXXXX
Ship (P/U) date: Apr 6, 2007
Estimated delivery: Apr 10, 2007
Service type: FedEx International Priority
Packaging type: Your Packaging
Number of pieces: 1


Apparently it has been held up in customs. The message I received asked me to fax an invoice declaring all of the items in the package. I did this early this morning, but the box is still stuck in customs. I am so sad. My poor little girl (and yes, I know she probably doesn't know otherwise) probably did nothing for her birthday.

Two wonderful friends received their LOA today. While I am THRILLED for them, they are on day 110 - ONE HUNDRED TEN! And now they have to wait for travel approval. Just the thought that we are only on day 55 makes me sick to my stomach. I'm really trying to hang on tight to the belief that God's plan is perfect and that it will all happen in His time, but it's just one of those days that seem like there's no end to this rollercoaster ride. I want to get off already!!

All I want is to hold my baby girl and show her how much she is loved. Every passing day is one more day in her life that we spend without her, and I know I have no control over it, but I don't know how much longer I can try to keep my spirits up.

At first, the countdown was adventuresome, now it's starting to really irk me. We've been really busy the past few weeks. Things around home are starting to die down. It is spring break here and Amanda is gone with her grandmother (on her Dad's side) for a week. I miss her terribly. We're pretty broke so I can't shop and there is nothing to really take my mind off of this horrendous wait. Every time I turn around I read something new about the wait in China. Yes, the NSN families are having to endure a HORRIFIC wait, but they have not seen their child's face yet. Trust me, I've been on both sides of the coin, and once you have a little face staring back a you, a real person waiting for you, the wait gets much tougher.

I know I'm just babbling at this point, so if you've gotten this far in reading this, I commend you. I just want her to know she is so very loved and wanted and again, I want my baby girl.....NOW!!!!!!

Below are the pictures of the package and its contents.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohilda,

Hang in there!!! I know those words don't really help and there isn't anything I can say to ease the pain of you not being with your sweet little girl or to bring on your LOA any faster, but I DO know what you're going through and believe me, once you get that LOA and TA, this will all wash away. Hang on!!! You're doing a great job!! I'm over here in Texas cheering you on! You CAN do this and you WILL make it, and once you see her sweet face in person, you won't even remember this time.

PRAYING for your LOA to get here SOON and cheering for you from the sidelines!

Love,

Yvonne