Friday, April 13, 2007

Looking at the good...and the bad.

A friend suggested I call FedEx to find out if we can get the box back. Well, I did, and of course, they said...."Sure! For another $75.00!!" UGH! So, we've decided that they can keep the box and do whatever with it.

On a happier note, God always provides. During the process of Anna Grace's adoption, I met (online) a wonderful family who I think you've heard me mention that they are adopting an adorable little guy from the same SWI that Anna Grace is in. I fell head over heels for this little guy when we first started looking at waiting child list, but he was a bit older than we were planning to adopt. I have been praying for him for so long and now he will be going home really soon to the best Mama and Daddy that God could find and I know he will be smothered in endless love.

I have totally digressed from why I said that "God always provides". It's because April, Aiden's Mama, has offered to take a new birthday package for us when she travels in 3-4 weeks. I can't thank her enough for in fact, putting a smile on our sweeties face. Friends really are "Angels on Earth!" Thank you so very much, April! MMMWAAAHHH!!!!!!! You are a real friend.

Lastly, I just have to share this morning's conversation with Scott. My sweet husband, who can't stand seeing me so depressed, said to me today, "Honey, look at it this way. God had a reason for that box not getting to Anna Grace. You never know, maybe the customs officials decided to throw out the entire box and while it was sitting in a big garbage hopper in the back of the building, some poor Chinese man who was cleaning the alley noticed the box. He then opened it up and found there were goodies and a dolly inside. He was so excited that he dropped everything and rushed home to find a sweet little girl sitting in his living room. This little girl has never had a dolly and she has never tasted a cookie. Her Baba joyfully gave it to her and said, "Look what God sent from Heaven just for you!" Just think, not only did you do God's will by providing a child with gifts she may never have received, but you made a little girl in China very, very happy, honey!"

So, Babe, you are absolutely right! Thank you for letting me see another side to the story. You are an amazing husband and I am praying that you are right. Now, with a smile in my heart that we did something good for a complete stranger, I will go make your boys' lunch and be thankful that we are blessed enough to shower our Anna Grace with many goodies and dollys when she comes home! I love you!

2 comments:

geminirn said...

See it will all work out.What a Beautiful story your hubby has told,all we can do is keep believeing and all our dreams will come true.

Lots of Hugs..

Anonymous said...

Ohilda,

Not an angel..just a friend. We are happy to do it! I think that Scott is a keeper, for sure!!

April