Thursday, April 12, 2007

What's happening?

See this FedEx plane? Well, Anna Grace's package is NOT on it. Nope. As of 9 am this morning, it still sits in customs somewhere at the Shanghai airport. ::SIGH:: I made my morning phone call to FedEx, and they said that my last letter was translated to Chinese and sent to customs yesterday morning. We are in a "wait" mode. That's what I was told. I did ask if there was a possibility that they would just decide not to release it, and the girl told me that it is unlikely that they'd do that at this point. She said usually when they don't release packages, we are notified immediately. So, for now, I have to wait until at least midnight (12 pm China time) to see if the package has moved anywhere.

On a good note! I received Kai's passport! Yaaaayyy!!!!! Now we can send in for our visas. I'm almost wanting to wait until we get our LOA to do so, since we will have at least 4 weeks between LOA and actual travel.

Speaking of travel, not sure if I mentioned this before or not, but I've not done 1 stitch of packing. I haven't made any lists, nor have I bought anything for the actual trip. I know it will be mayhem when we get our LOA, but at least it will make time fly and keep my mind off of the fact that indeed we WILL be getting our precious angel!

That's it for now. It's been a looooong, quiet week with the just the boys and I all day since Amanda is gone for spring break. I can't wait till she gets home tomorrow night. Gosh, do I miss that girl!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohilda,

I can sooo relate! We sent Aiden a package 2 weeks ago. It sat at the Cahrlotte PO for a week! Now this past week all it says is departed from NJ!

Just think, pretty soon we won't have to worry about this. If we want to give them something, we will just be able to hand it to them!!

April

Anonymous said...

OH HOW I PRAY THEY RELEASE THAT PACKAGE AND GET IT TO THAT SWEET LITTLE ANGEL REAL SOON.