Sunday, April 15, 2007

Thoughts and rambles.

It was a wet, rainy day in SW Florida today. But, I loved it. The rain now always reminds me of Kai and I love peering out the window and seeing thousands of raindrops pouring down from the sky. It's calming to me.

A friend sent an email today and had this line in it: "Freedom comes when prayer is no longer superficial." It really made me stop and think. Wow! What a true statement! Many times we pray, or let me clarify that....I pray, and I feel like I'm going thru the motions. But, when my heart is really in it, and the power of the Holy Spirit fills my innermost being, I really do sense that "freedom". What a gift!

I had quite a few email exchanges today with a new "friend" I have made in FedEx. This time, she is the China representative for the courier giant. They are insistent on my sending a copy of my passport to the Chinese custom officials in order to verify that I am indeed who I say I am and that I am the shipper of the package. I tried to let the whole ordeal go, but I received an email (this one directly from China) requesting it. Although I truly want to "let it go", part of me keeps thinking that there is hope and that the original package may yet make it to Anna Grace, but I am so very scared of faxing, of all things, a copy of my passport across the world to truly some unknown person. Scott is really against it and I should learn by now to listen to him. His last words to me this evening when I was pushing for his approval (although it is not something I need, but want) were "Ohilda, do whatever you want!" I guess I will pray on it and see what comes of it. I have dragged my feet in putting the new package together, not sure why. I'm sad the first one didn't make it and maybe I feel in my heart there is still hope. Has anyone out there dealt with FedEx and international shipping? Have you ever had to fax your passport as proof of identification? If so, can you email me privately?

Let's see....what else. Ahhh, I wanted to share that Adam (my middle son) and I went to the movies yesterday. It was nice spending one-on-one time with him. We haven't done that in a long time. Anyways, we saw Perfect Stranger. I absolutely LOVED it! I totally and completely recommend it and am gonna drag Scott to see it with me as soon as I find someone ::hint hint Ayi or PoPo:: to watch the kids for us. Definitely a MUST SEE!

Lastly, I was looking at the calendar. The first week in May is the Labour Day Holiday in China. Therefore, CCAA will be closed and all adoption paperwork will cease for that week. So, what does this mean for us? It means that if we do not receive our LOA in April, we won't be receiving anything until AT LEAST mid May, then add another 3-4 weeks in waiting for our travel approval, we're in mid-June. Then another week or so in making final travel arrangements. We probably won't be in China until the end of June. ::big sigh:: I am trying hard to remain optimistic that we will receive our LOA in April (which is possible, because others have received it around day 75) which makes it the 29th of April. Oh dear Lord, PLEASE let it be your will that we receive our LOA in April. PLLEEEEEEAAASE!!!!!!



2 comments:

waiting4Isabella said...

I will watch the little guys that make me heart trickle with laughter, so you all can go to the movies.

Love you !!!! Kai and AJ's Ayi :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Ohilda,

Sending you STRENGTH through prayer!! Hang in there and if you just feel you can't, then lean on ALL of us!!!

PRAYING for that LOA to arrive before the holiday!!!!

Love,

Yvonne