Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Again, facing a new day

I am soon leaving to take the boys to the doctor for their regular visit (and shots!), but I wanted to post on here before leaving. I have to say that it is thru all of you that I am making it through this, and God's grace, of course.

I really tried to stay away from the computer yesterday after the news, since all I was doing was going from group to group seeing all of the 4/27 LOAs jumping for joy with their news of TA. My heart truly is happy for them. Those babies all deserve to come home....now.

But, I have to be honest and admit that it saddened me even more after reading everyone's good news. I don't think there is anyone left with the same LOA date as ours that did not receive TA, except for the other family in our agency. I just don't understand it. We are on day 26 of the TA wait, with the norm being 14 - 21 days.

My sweet friend, Peg, said something very poignant to me. God has a reason for having us being in China at the time we are there. As always, we don't know His ways, and whether it's an ephiphany or not, I have to trust that it will be perfect and He is holding our hands through the entire journey.

Waking up to all of your comments and emails, many that included devotionals and scriptures, words of love and support, and just a simple "I understand" sent with hugs has filled me with renewed strength and hope to take in another day. I again ask you to please keep your prayers coming. They are felt and the ride, while still pretty wild filled with constant ups and downs almost on a hourly basis now, is getting bearable. I know it's because I have all of you on the sidelines rooting for us! THANK YOU!!!! You are truly the best and I know that there is no way I could get through moments like this week without your support. Much love and may God's blessings fill your day!

3 comments:

The Princess's Mommy said...

Hi Ohilda,
You are not alone in the TA wait. We have not gotten ours, either (LOA 4/27). I haven't heard a word from our agency. Our director is in China with the group we were supposed to travel with.....;-(
Still waiting with you,
Monica

Anonymous said...

Hello Sweet Friend! :) Thanks for your update! You know that once that TA comes it won't be long from that point that you'll be holding that sweet, precious gift in your arms. Oh, how sweet it will be!!!!!!!! The wait will all of the sudden be worth all the pain. I remember those feelings like they were yesterday. I took my little Zoe to Dr. Annette McKoul this morning, my sweet little princess is one sick little girl. She has an ear infection and bronchitis...I just want her better. Well, have a fantastic day Ohilda!!! Love your Sister in Christ, Kelly T.

Ohilda said...

KELLY!!!!! We were at Annette MacKoul's office from 9:30 to noon today!! Poor little AJ got SIX shots and Kai got two! What time were you there? You went to the Cape Office or the Ft. Myers?

Kiss that sweet girl for me. It stinks when they are not feeling well. I will say an extra prayer for your princess.

HUGS!