Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Celebration of Life....& Eternal Life.

This weekend was a pretty bittersweet weekend. On one end we celebrated the birthdays of two of my guys. Kai and Scott shared their birthday celebration with a small family get-together and a little fun in the sun. Our little guy turned 3! It's been an amazing year and he has grown in every sense of the word. Both of my guys are huge blessings to our family and I thank and praise our Lord for allowing us to share in this celebration. Here are some pictures of our day together.







While we celebrated Kai & Scott's birthday, I received a somewhat awaited phone call that my uncle, Gilberto, had passed away. It's during moments like those that I am so ever grateful to God, our Father, for giving us hope of eternal life through his son, Jesus Christ.

My uncle was probably one of the kindest and most gentle men I've ever met. He is the definition of the word gentleman. He never had a unkind word towards anyone and always had a smile on his face. I pray the Lord pour his mercies upon him and I know that my uncle is gathered with passed family, and all of the angels and saints praising our Savior in the Heavens today! I also pray that He grace my cousins and aunt with his peace that surpasses all understanding. It is so difficult to lose someone you love and try to look at it in a positive way. But, we were indeed very blessed to have had him with us for so long and to feel the love that he shared with all those that surrounded him. As we said our goodbyes, we were really celebrating life; eternal life. The Lord has assured us that by calling him home, where he has created a special place in His kingdom, we will someday be together again.



My sweet uncle, Gilberto and I, back in September 2006.


No comments: