Monday, May 14, 2007

Another Great Day!

Yes! Mother's day yesterday was wonderful. The boys woke up as usual around 7 a.m. Scott whispered to me that it was my day and to stay in bed. I knew I had to get the boys ready for church, but I complied.

I could hear them in the kitchen rattling pots and pans and giggling with their Daddy (and Ayi & Shu-Shu that had spent the night). About an hour later, in walks Kai carrying a gift bag with so much pride that his smile made the room glow! Then sweet little AJ followed with that little smile that he gives me every morning and said 'Hiiiiiiii!" They both climbed up on the bed with Mama. A few seconds later in walked Daddy....carrying a tray with the most delicious Eggs Benedict I've ever had, along with other yummy goodies. It felt so good to have my sweet boys with me. I had to stop and remember that this time last year, AJ was just a mere 1 month old, and Kai had been home for less than a month. What a difference a year makes.

I munched down all of the delicious food Scott made and shortly afterwards Amanda came home. She had been at her Dad's that night. I started opening cards, and as usual, just couldn't get through them without the tears flowing. I was especially moved when I received a card "from" Anna Grace, signed by her Daddy and telling me how much she wanted to come home. ::sniff::

We then all dressed and headed to church, where we met up with Po-Po and the rest of the family. Our middle guy, Adam, met us after church for lunch at one of my favorite places. OH! And I have to share my Mother's Day gifts. I received an official CTU (from the show 24) tshirt and Adam gave me a Season 4!!!!!!! Wooohoooo! Scott is out of town this week (I'll blog about that later) so I will definitely have something to fill the time while my sweet hubby is gone.

Tito called me early in the morning to say he missed and love me (brought tears to my eyes again) and that he was sorry he couldn't be there. He is coming up Memorial Day Weekend for Kai & Scott's birthday. Also my stepdaughter, Nicole, called and put a smile on my face. All in all it was a wonderful Mother's Day.

I'm off to take Kai to meet with the cleft team (his annual visit) but I will be posting pictures later tonight.

1 comment:

geminirn said...

Your day sounds just about perfect...and next year on Mother's day it will be,you baby daughter will be in your arms forever.

BIG HUGS