Monday, May 07, 2007

Prayer request and updates

First, let me start off with our updates. We received notice from our agency today that our LOA was sent out on Thursday and should be sitting on someone's desk at CCAA right now!!!!!

I sprained my ankle over the weekend and thank God for my wonderful hubby who allowed me to sit on the couch while he played Mr. Mom....AND made an amazing dinner last night!!! I am feeling much better, and although still "hopping" a bit, he was able to go to work without babysitting me.

Lastly, I am please asking all prayer warriors to step forward and pray for our little Kai. Last week I took him for his regular checkup with the ENT and it was found that both his tubes were blocked. What does this mean? Well, I am awaiting a phone call for the exact time that we need to show up on Wed. (May 9) for more surgery to remove the existing tubes and replace them with new ones. Although this surgery is common and will take less time than it will for us to drive to the hospital, it is always scary and possibly risky when a child (or anyone for that matter) has to be put under general anesthesia.

I am lifting up our sweet boy to our Lord and Savior and I am confident that, as in his previous surgeries, Jesus will guide the surgeon's hands and our blessed Mother will be present making Kai feel safe and secure.

Thank you all for your support and prayers.

4 comments:

Carmen said...

I'll be praying for Kai Kai.

So sorry to hear about your sprained ankle. I am on week 6 and still not completely healed from spraining BOTH ankles at the same time. I have been wrapping them and continuing with life-as-usual which doesn't help the healing process.

----
Carmen

geminirn said...

OH OHILDA,I will certainly be praying for your little man..i'm sure all will go well with the surgery however it is still hard to see one of your babies go through it.

(((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

Hi Ohilda,

I am so sorry about your ankle! I am holding you and Kai in my prayers. God will guide those doctor's hands and He will sit right next to Kai holding his. Let us know when you all are home and how he's doing.

Prayers and Love,

Yvonne

Amy said...

Well, you know this means your TA is coming very soon, right? Sprained ankles and ear tube surgeries couldn't mean anything else.