Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Recap of today

Well, I've learned that if you stay really busy, there's no time for moping and feeling sorry for myself. I spent a good 2.5 hours with the boys at the doctors office. Kai is finally caught up on all his shots and poor little AJ got his share today also. Six shots in all. My heart was breaking for him. Shot after shot he'd look at me with those big eyes, huge tears flowing down his cheeks as if begging me to make them stop. I had to turn away. Tonight he is running a temp of 102. Kai got off easy - two shots, no fever and he's ready to go to China.

I was again pleasantly surprised by a few emails from some of my readers that have made my heart so much lighter. Thank you!!! I was also pretty shocked that my site had over 150 hits today! It amazes me how people are interested in my pretty non-eventful life...heh.

One of the emails I came home to tonight made me very happy. It was from the 2nd to last of my "waving hello" lurkers. Guess who de-lurked today? The Broomfield, Colorado reader! How cool was that?!! And what makes this even cooler is that this young woman is doing something amazing with her life. She is packing up, leaving the comforts of home and volunteering in an orphanage in So. Africa for a year. People like that deserve every blessing and grace our Lord has to offer. Amanda and I often speak about someday going on one of the Love Without Boundaries cleft trips to China. I look forward to sharing with her about this reader and her aspirations. I can't think of anything that would fill my heart with more joy than giving of myself fulltime to babies and children who have no one. But alas....I have my own family and my own babies and children to contend with. Who knows, maybe later in life.

Speaking of Amanda, tonight we went to her awards assembly at school and once again, she has made us proud. I am honored and blessed to have such a smart, beautiful and loving daughter to raise for our Lord.

Since the boys were not feeling well, they stayed with Po-Po while Scott and I went to the assembly. It was nice sitting quietly without anyone climbing up your shoulder or wiggling non-stop on your lap during an event. We even had the opportunity to go out for a quick dinner and actually sit and talk. When we got home they were still up and going through their 2nd round of the movie "Cars" with Po-Po. But, I guess, that's what Grandma's are for. :)

Ahhh....some good news for a change! I am beyond excited and cannot wait to wake up tomorrow morning. My friend, April will be going to Hefei SWI tomorrow and God willing, will be checking in on our Anna Grace. I haven't had any updated pictures since March ::gasp:: and am so excited to see what she looks like. If she's grown, if her hair is longer and to hear a little more about what she's like. I pray that April is able to see her. Gosh, that would make this incredibly long and terribly rough week so much sweeter. April, thank you ahead of time for your efforts, regardless of the result. You are a sweetheart.

Lastly, I wanted to share that after I posted about our LOA date and being "the only ones" not to get TA. I did receive a few emails from others in our same position. Not that I wish that upon anyone, but misery loves company and I am glad that it is because CCAA is caught in a backlog (what a surprise!) and not that our file is lost somewhere. So, here's to all of us with 4/27 LOAs still waiting. May God bless us all very soon with that golden ticket that will carry us an ocean away to an ancient land called CHINA!

No comments: