Friday, May 18, 2007

Waving Hello

Tonight I have lots of time on my hands. I've picked myself up after accepting the fact that our TA didn't come. As I sit here watching the clock tick while I wait to head to the airport to pick up Scott from his midnight flight (ugh!!), I thought I would wave a friendly hello to a few of my loyal everyday readers. I know many of you that check in daily as we also speak via phone or email privately, these are readers that frequent Anna Grace's site whom I am not familiar with. So for today I'm sending out a great big hello to:

Medina, Ohio
Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin
Harvard, Illinois
Lombard, Illinois
Saint Louis, Missouri
Tracy, California
Broomfield, Colorado

Thank you for following the journey with us.

I did want to mention that ironically, I have a reader who I know personally and had the audacity to tell me that she felt my "love for my children was over the top", yet I've noticed that she continues to check my blog quite frequently. Interesting, huh? Must be like a train wreck. You can't stand it, but can't look away.

Have a great weekend everyone and may next week be filled with a downpour of referrals, LOAs and TAs for all of us waiting!

8 comments:

Amy said...

Well, I think your love for your kids is over the top, too - but only in the best possible way. :) (Honestly, is it even possible to love your kids too much??!!)

Anyway, just thought I'd let you know I've been thinking about you. I was where you are now not that long ago... and I remember feeling that nobody really understood the kind of insanity that ALMOST TA-time brings. Fortunately, as mothers we tend to forget the less pleasant parts of bringing our children home, and remember all the joy once we have them in our arms.

I wonder if the Broomfield hits are mine... except that Broomfield is a bit south of us. Hmm... does Longmont, CO show up in your list? :) That would be us.

I've recovered after our China trip to the point of wanting to go back now.... so I'm terribly jealous of you, because I think even if Eleanor doesn't miss China, I do. Gotta quit looking at waiting child files, too - promised Dave Eleanor was our last, and since we JUST got home - couldn't do anything about it, anyway! Can't wait to follow your trip and live vicariously through you. :)

Family4Liv said...

igkijIm Tracy California...
I actually tried to send a comment to your post yesterday... For some reason my post did not go through. Okay i feel sorta outed but that is really cool how do you do that?. i check your site frequetly because we have the same LOA date! I am obbsessively checking other families sites sharing our LOA in hopes you all might hear something before I do. This falls into that whole kind of TA insanity thingy I think!! I know all this waiting is going to soon be a distant memory. Good luck to you and your family.

Mom 2 six said...

I adore your site and a mother's love is never over the top !
You have an amazing way of expressing it. I will accept the Wisconsin hello even though we are from West Bend. :) How great other Wi families are following you.

Anonymous said...

And a big Hello to you too, Ohilda! I guess I must be the one from Harvard, Illinois, although we live a bit east of there. Must be where our internet goes through.I do check in daily, or more!! Anyway, I love your blog, and have read it since Kai and A.J. I happen to think the love you have for your kids is wonderful! Also, I am thrilled you decided to keep your blog open to us all. We are waiting for LOA to get our son in Shandong(b.3/05-rep.c/l-unrep.c/p)I have a hubby and 2 daughters age 7(bio) and 3(a.7/04 Jiangxi-nsn). Have a great weekend, and I hope you get your TA soon!!!
Janelle

Anonymous said...

Ohilda,
Praying your TA will be in a few days!Hold on it will be here! Heritage is great and you will have the amazing Kathy to help you too.
blessings
Dawn & Carissa Hope
Home now 3 months! How can it be that long? it seems like yesterday I was dragging bags around China with a girl on my hip...

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet! Not much time tonight to type -- just got home from the Michael W. Smith concert. It was great! God is so good! AND, YOU Ohilda are an amazing woman and Mother! Hugs to you! Kelly T.

Lisa L said...

May we ALL be blessed with mothers whose love for us is 'over the top'. Keep doin' what you're doin' girl. I think you rock!

hugs, Lisa L

Anonymous said...

Ohilda,

(((HUGS TO YOU))) I was unaware that ones love for their children can be over the top. We love hearing about your children. Keep up the good work. ;)


Tammy